WE NEED YOUR HELP. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A QUALIFIED ENGINEER OR ARCHITECT WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO WORK PRO BONO AND EITHER DONATE ALL OR A PORTION OF THEIR TIME TO HELPING US PUT TOGETHER A DESIGN AND SOME COST ESTIMATES FOR RANGE IMPROVEMENTS. THIS WOULD SPECIFICALLY BE FOR THE RESTROOM BUILDING AND THE CLASSROOM / PUBLIC USE BUILDING, ALONG WITH THE NECESSARY SITE WORK.
CARSON CITY RIFLE AND PISTOL RANGE
ALL SHOOTING IN DESIGNATED SHOOTING STATIONS ONLY
VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
VIOLATORS ARE SUBJECT TO EVICTION FROM RANGE C.C.M.C. 13.02.220
The Carson Rifle and Pistol Range is a City Park and governed by all applicable City Codes. The Range is open to the public from Dawn to Dusk Daily. Currently there is no costs to use the range. Everyone who uses the range is required to clean up after themselves and obey all posted Range Rules and obey CR&PC Appointed RSO's (Range Safety Officers) commands when they are onsite. When there is no Appointed RSO onsite the range is self regulating and all shooters must work together to follow all posted rules.
If you are a first time shooter or an nationally ranked expert shooter we say "Come out and join us"
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
EVERYONE IS WELCOME
RANGE SAFETY RULES
All shooters must obey CR&PC Range Safety Officers (RSO) instructions
they are subject to eviction by Approve RSO's - or Law Enforcement.
1. ALWAYS keep the Firearm’s muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. ALWAYS keep your Firearm unloaded with the action open until on the firing line and ready to shoot.
4. Firearms are not to be handled for any reason anytime anyone is downrange.
5. During cease fire (Cold Range) anyone not downrange must stand behind blue cold range line, again no handling of firearms for any reason.
6. No alcohol or drugs may be used before or during any gun handling on this Range. Alcohol is strictly prohibited at this facility.
7. When on the Firing Line, ALWAYS keep the muzzle down range.
8. Range Safety is everyone’s responsibility; speak up if you see safety issues.
9. Eye and Ear protection is required on the firing line.
10. Industry standard paper or metal targets preferred. No glass, cans, appliances or other hazardous items allowed. Take your targets, stands, trash, etc. with you or put them in the provided trash containers.
11. This Range is a City Park, all applicable City ordinances apply.
12. All Guns come from the Parking lot to the Range unloaded or holstered.
13. Place your targets so that bullets impact the backstop.
14. Do not put targets on the top of the backstop or shoot over the backstop of the Range.
15. Do not climb or drive on the side berms or backstop, this may result in severe erosion.
16. Public use of this facility is restricted to daylight hours only, absolutely no general public shooting prior to sunrise or after sunset.
17. Shotguns are allowed in the last 4 shooting bays only (no trap or skeet type shooting allowed) *Trap shooters are encouraged to use the Capitol City Gun Club on Arrowhead Drive.
18. Incendiary & tracer ammunition PROHIBITED at this facility.
19. Any exploding type targets PROHIBITED at this facility
20. NRS 202.300 shall govern the use of this facility by minors. (No person under the age of eighteen (18) shall be permitted to use this facility except under the supervision of a parent or guardian or adult who has the written authorization of a parent or guardian).
All shooters are responsible for keeping their guns away from unauthorized persons.
TO REPORT ANY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES, PLEASE CALL THE SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT NON-EMERGENCY DISPATCH AT 775-887-2008
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911
FOR MAINTENANCE ISSUES PLEASE CONTACT THE
CARSON CITY PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT AT 775-887-2262
THE CARSON CITY RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Website last updated 11/18/2015
A Carson City NV Business.
Providing NV/CA CCW-CFP training, and NRA Training Classes & NRA Instructor Courses. please visit our website for more information
Open by appointment at:
1502 N. Carson Street #6
Carson City NV 89701